Thursday, August 14, 2008

Ped's Doc

Okay so I am looking for some responses from other mom's in the area. I am in the market for a new pediatrician. I have not been to happy with ours for a while now and I am even less happy with them now after having to sit in the room for 30 minutes waiting to see the doctor with a one year old. Already checked in and weighed but waited 3o minutes after all that for anyone to come and see us. But that isn't it....I have not gotten a single straight answer about anything that I have taken the kids in for in the past year I still don't have any answers as to why Ellianna has had the fevers of 103 and higher for more that a week straight every month for almost a year, so If any of you go to any one but Idaho Falls Pediatrics I would love some recommendations!

8 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

I have REALLY disliked the same office. The last time I was in there I also had to wait after Averie was checked in, weighed, etc., for over an hour. There was no one in sight and I was packing up to leave when the doctor finally came in. There is just no excuse for that. The receptionists have also been extremely rude on more than one occasion. I'm in the market too. Let me know if you find anything!

Sharon said...

i go to Upper Valley Ped. (in rexburg) i haven't switched to an idaho falls because they do such a great job

Unknown said...

I love our Ped. Doctor Brad Edwards at The Pediatric Center. He is technically a DO but he had an MD internship. This just means that he is more openminded as far as treatments go. For instance some MD doctors don't think Chiropractors are good.

Anywho. He is great with the kids and asnwers questions really well, never acts like you are stupid for asking an "um duh" question, and if there is a problem is willing to do testing as needed. And if you want a certain test done... he has no problems with that either. He works WITH the parents and not against them. He totally gives mom's the benefit of the doubt as far as mothers intuiton goes (somthing I've found is rare in doctors).

Anywho, there is my glowing review!

PS I LOVE his nurse too. She is stellar and keep things running on time. I have NEVER waited for more than 5 min for the Doc. Even when I came in short notice.

Nat said...

We go to Flint Packer; his partner doctor is Boyd Southwick; it's called Family First, and I really like them. We mostly see Dr. Packer but when he's been gone Dr. Southwick has seen us.

Terha said...

We go to Dr. Wallace Baker Family Practice. I LOVE everyone/thing about that place.... I'm not sure if they are taking new people but it would be worth a call.

Annie said...

Dr. Pettit (I think that is how he spells his name). He seems to be very thorough and cautious (which is what I like) and I have never had to wait very long to see him, but at the same time he is also very patient and listens to everything that I have to say and answers all of my questions. I hope this helps. If you have any questions give me a call. Oh, and I also I like his nurse a lot.

Unknown said...

PS Pettit and Edwards are both at The pediatric Center.

PPS I had issues with nurses having "attitude" with me at Idaho Falls Pediatric right after Gavin was born...hence the switch.

Erin Cannon said...

K girl. I go see Dr. George Groberg @ the Pediatric Center. But, we have seen almost all the docs there. Dr. Pettit is the one that Lauren saw before she went to the hospital. He's great too!
Never had to wait long.