Thursday, July 24, 2008

Quick Summary!

This one is just going to be a quick summary of the last few weeks cause things have been a little crazy around here and I haven't been able to post so here it goes...I will put more detail later I promise.

Daddy went out on the 4th and got some fireworks for the house because we had decided to not go to the big ones this year as they are all so small....I was thinking some little ones to make the little man joey happy but noooooo daddy came home with a $300 set(I might add that he only payed $30 for the whole thing)







4th of July was a blast with the older two Cambria just wanted to sleep...as you can tell.





Then on the 5th we decided we wanted to go to the Hot Air Balloon Festival so we got up at 4:30 to make it up before sunrise to Driggs.....on our way up we past a row of Black SUV's about 7 of them....huh that must be someone really unimportant to have such security.....they make it so obvious it is ridiculous...I'll finish later with that but we made it up just in time to see well just about nothing the winds were to strong for the balloons to go up so one was kind enough to show everyone the process and just hold it in place so we hope next year that will go better but the kids still like the one and every time we pass a Remax for sale sign Joey stops and says "MOM that is just like the one we saw"



Then after the balloons it was now about 6:30 in the morning in Driggs so we went up to Jackson Hole(oh, might I add that on our way down into Jackson there was 2 Hot Air Balloons just landing, anyway) to spend a little time and had to take the picture that everyone has in there photo Album and then just walked around town a little.

JOE wanted me to state that this is my new found love and he is great with the kids so meet the new Husband BIG FOOT!
Alright now the the end of my little SUV story...so we were driving back through Swan Valley and decided to stop for square ice cream cones while at the gas station Joe noticed some helicopters in the field across from us and told Joey to look they we noticed people looking in them so when we were done eating we walked over to see if we could look at them and they said go ahead...turns out the army was sitting around waiting for The VICE PRESIDENT(whom we had seen leaving that morning) who was fishing of the river near Swan Valley...two 20 seater helicopters and one BlackHawk Medic just sitting in a field waiting for something bad to happen.(How much do you think that one cost us?) Any way it was really fun cause the kids were able to climb around in the pilot seat and stuff and they LOVED it. The military guys were so nice and just awesome with the kids so the day was well worth it.






5 comments:

Unknown said...

How cool, it's always fun to see something liek that is leetle ol' Idaho :) Though yeah I'm sure security costs and such are a booger. too bad the balloons didn't get up! and aren't fireworks sales on the actual 4th of July great!!!!? :)

Brittany said...

Your little family has been doing so much and it looks like it has been tons of fun! Had to get it all out of ya since you were going to be homebound for awhile, huh? ;) Cute! Cute!

BrittanyLane said...

Sounds like you've had a busy July! I love watching hot air balloons, and that is amazing that you saw the vp's private entourage... I've never seen anyone remotely presidential.

Holly Lind said...

I remember at family day for the blackhawks the instructor actually said "Blackhawks are a jungle gym, let your kids climb all over it, they can't break it". I'm just glad you guys got that opportunity, unless you are "blessed" to be part of the military, that usually doesn't happen. AWESOME!

Brooke Campbell said...

Hey it's Brooke Campbell (Hall)- you guys all look great! So good to see your cute family! We went and checked out those Helicopters that same weekend! Surprised we didn't run into each other! Are you guys still living in IF?