Thursday, May 15, 2008

3rd Birthday!





It is a Itlittle crazy to me right now to think that my little boy is 3! I can not believe how big he is getting and I don't want to blink for fear that my girls will be that old before I know it! This birthday was really fun with Joey though because it was little like Christmas for him! He could not go to sleep last night because he was so excited that it was going to be his birthday! It wasn't even about the presents for him it was all about his train cake and the fact that we would sing him Happy Birthday! He has been singing it for everyone else and couldn't wait for it to be for him!

We started the day out with a big mess up from mommy!!!! We had promised Joey if he were to be a big boy and go in the potty that he could have a scoop truck,(catch was that I thought I had one in a box down stairs, left over from Christmas that we decided not to give him at the time because he already had to much. But what I didn't realize was that what I had wasn't a scoop it was a Bulldozer! For all you mothers a little boys there is a very big difference! I forgot this until last night late so I decided to try and pass it off and give it to him! He opened it as his first present when he woke up and was really excited up a couple minutes later he looked at me and said

" Mom can we go to the store and get a scoop truck?"

Mommy says " Joey you got a scoop truck"

Joey "No this is a Bulldozer"

Well my bad he was right and I had been promising him forever that I would get him a scoop so while he went to lunch with Papa for his birthday I made a mad dash for Toys-R-Us to get the scoop truck that we had played with a hundred times. Thankfully it was on Clearance!!!

So he now has his Scoop truck and I have learned a valuable lesson that you can't trick a little boy into thinking a Bulldozer is a Scoop truck!

We started that day with Joey very excited about it being his birthday and all the decorations that we had!! He got to open one present before daddy went to work! Then he got to go to lunch with Papa a McDonalds! Then a fun time at the Zoo with Daddy and the girls and our Friends Lynnlee and Ashley! After the Zoo we had a pizza Dinner with the whole Family and his Train Birthday cake(That is all he has talked about for weeks is having a train cake)! With lots of great presents! Thanks to everyone! And again I am sorry the Scoop came at the beginning! Once he opened that Scoop he didn't pay much attention to anything else! And it is after 9 and he is still outside digging in the dirt!

5 comments:

BrittanyLane said...

Love the new header picture! Such a cute birthday cake, you creative mom you! I just love kids birthdays.

Brittany said...

I miss so many birthdays :( I need to write down all of your kids and Mel's kids birthdays! I don't know what my problem is! Sorry. I'm a horrible friend. You hair is getting so long! I love that family picture! I'm calling you soon!

Holly Lind said...

Silly Mommy! What were you thinking? HONESTLY!! And like you have ANY excuse...and don't even try "I've got 3 kids under 3!" Whatever... HAHAHHA!!! It looks like he had a great time, and the cake is AWESOME!! At least you got that part right! :)

Shannon said...

You did such a great job on the cake. That looked awesome. It sounds like you had a very fun day. Happy Birthday Joey!

Jeni said...

Fun Fun Fun! Great story. Sara also can't be tricked as easily any more. She also remembers idle promises so I can't make them any more. I said I wouldn't do a friend party until she asked for one. I didn't think it would be at 3 but she has a whole list of friends she wants to invite to her birthday party.